2011/12/21

Winter Beauty

Source: Google.com


Winter is finally upon us. The last weeks, weather was constantly changing. There were days, so warm I wore a thin jacket and then were days were I would put layer over layer and still almost froze to death. So here in Germany, unfortunately we're not blessed with snow but rain instead. Don't really know what to think about that. I am not typically a winter person but aroung Christmas I think it would be nice to actually have some snow, especially on Christmas eve! Anyways, here are some things I am currently using as Winter usually makes my skin and hair feel horrible!
The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist: As you may know, I have rather oily skin but somehow, during wintertime my skin manages to be oily and dry at the same time. Isn't that wonderful?! So whenever I feel like my skin could use a bit of moisture, I use this spritz! It smells a bit like roses I think and I really like it. As I will be flying a lot in the next weeks, I am definitely keeping this in my hand luggage as the air on airplanes makes my skin look horrible!
LUSH Jasmine and Henna Fluff Ease Hair mask: I really love this stuff though I am not to keen on the smell that - if you ask me - lingers on your hair for several days even if you wash it in between. It is supposed to help dry and even damaged hair and it really does a great job at keeping your hair looking healthy, SUPERshiny and most of all feeling soft! If only the smell was better...
LUSH Lemony Flutter cuticle cream: I guess everyone knows this by now. Works for all utterly dry patches on your skin but most perfectly for dry cuticles. I swear by this! And who doesn't like the taste of lemons? Only downside is, that it is veeeery expensive for my liking!
MAC Prep&Prime Lip: I love everything Mac prep & prime so it comes as no wonder I recently decided to try out their lip primer as I felt that I needed something as a base for my lipstick, because even though I use my carmex like crazy, my lips look always dry. And as you know, I love wearing bold, bright lipstick but it just doesn't look good on dry lips! I think this primer does its job though I guess I might look for a cheaper alternative as I am not blown away by this.
MAC Russian Red lipstick: All time favourite red, perfect matte shade that is not too drying. Best Red color by Mac in my book. No wonder I already used up 3 of these :-) I will be constantly wearing this during the holidays, for sure!
I hope I'll be able to post some outfit pictures the next days. Unfortunately my camera broke >.< But a new one is already on its way and hopefully arrives before xmas. Stay tuned
xoxo V.

1 comment:

  1. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist is amazing it is almost like macs fix pls-it keeps your makeup from fading and is also really refressing! and macs russian red....lovely a classic!
    xo
    K.
    http://h-bsch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete